Respect the Rules (Most of the Time)
You may think adding unexpected or outlandish touches to your wardrobe makes your look distinctive. Just remember that your style choices are most effective when they complement your features and your body. You probably already understand some of the essential rules of good dressing as they relate to your body type. If you ignore them, you could end up a fashion casualty instead of a trailblazer. No one's going to arrest you for wearing horizontal stripes across your impressive bosom or outfitting your cankles in day-glo shoes with plenty of elevation. If you want to look great in what you wear, though, make a conscious effort to strike a balance between what's hot and what's right for you.
- Beauty By Bella. "How to Dress for Your Body Shape." (3/14/12). http://beautybyella.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-to-dress-your-body.html
- Franklin, Caryn. "Inspirational standard shape fashion tips that will compliment your body shape and wardrobe..." How to Look Good. (3/14/12). http://www.howtolookgood.com/dress-for-your-shape/standard/
- Kelly, Clinton and Stacy London. "Dress Your Best: The Complete Guide to Finding the Style That's Right for Your Body." Three Rivers Press. 2005
- MIT - The Tech. "Dressing Your Body Figuring Out Fashion." 4/4/08. (3/14/12). http://tech.mit.edu/V128/N16/fashion.html
- News Medical. "Study finds most people dissatisfied with their bodies." 11/21/07. (3/14/12). http://www.news-medical.net/news/2007/11/21/32752.aspx
- Shop Your Shape. "Calculate Your Shape." (3/14/12). http://www.shopyourshape.com/
- Style Makeover. "What's Your Body Shape?" (3/14/12). http://www.style-makeover-hq.com/body-shape.html
A lot of women use their bra as a pocket when they have no other options. HowStuffWorks wonders why bras don't come with pockets.