Angel, which has been around since 1992, seems to be a "love it or hate it" kind of scent. It's strong (one spritz should do you for the day) and offbeat in that it doesn't seem to fit into any one category. Angel has more food notes than anything -- including chocolate, caramel, cinnamon and ginger -- but somehow it isn't sweet. Trying it yourself is really the only way to discover if you'll be an Angel convert.
- Burr, Chandler. "Chandler Burr's 10 Favorite Fragrances." Random House. (Aug. 3, 2012) http://www.randomhouse.com/boldtype/0303/burr/essay.html
- Burr, Chandler. "Scent Notes| Secret Obsession|Calvin Klein." New York Times. Dec. 4, 2008. (Aug. 5, 2012) http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/04/scent-notes-secret-obsession-calvin-klein/
- Carpenter, Susan. "The Right Fragrance for Your Age." Los Angeles Times. Nov. 29, 2009. (Aug. 3, 2012) http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/29/image/la-ig-perfumeage29-2009nov29
- Chung, Jane. "13 Awful-Smelling Fragrances." Total Beauty. (Aug. 5, 2012) http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/p-worst-fragrances
- Harper's Bazaar. "The Best Perfumes for Work and Play." (Aug. 3, 2012) http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/fabulous-beauty/best-scents-lookbook#slide-1
- Jimenez, Anna. "Editors' Signature Perfumes." Total Beauty. (Aug. 3, 2012) http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/signature-perfume
- Larkworthy, Jane. "All-Time Favorite Fragrances." W Magazine. September 2011. (Aug. 3, 2012) http://www.wmagazine.com/beauty/2011/09/all-time-favorite-fragrances-ss#slide=1
Are you wondering what's the difference between old and vintage? Find out what's the difference between old and vintage in this article.