There’s one important shoe tip we haven't mentioned yet: Quality shoes typically last longer and fit better than cheap shoes. When you're looking for longevity and resistance to wear, pay more. Don't stop there, though. Insist on a great fit, too. Expect to try on a number of shoes before you discover a pair that works for you.
A superior shoe will give your foot support and look great doing it. You may not be able to afford a closet full of quality shoes, but if you stick to a few classic styles and treat them well, your core collection will look great for years.
- Hints and Things. "Shoe Care." Undated. 6/28/10. http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/livingroom/shoes.htm
- I Love India. "How to Make Your Shoes Last Longer." Undated. 6/30/10 http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/how-to-make-shoes-last-longer-8680.html
- NuShoe. "Shoe Care Tips." Undated. 6/30/10. http://www.nushoe.com/ShoeCareTips.pdf
- Price. "Taking Care of Your Shoes." Undated. 7/1/10. http://www.pricev.com/guides/taking-care-of-your-shoes.html
- Rosenbloom,Stephanie. "Shoes: The Recession's Not So Guilty Pleasure." 11/6/09. 6/30/10 http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/06/business/economy/06shoes.html?pagewanted=print
- Shoe-N-Tell. "What's a Shoe Tree?" Undated. 7/1/10. http://www.shoe-n-tell.com/articles/shoe-tree/
- Sole Sole. "Why Buy a Quality Shoe?" Undated. 6/29/10. http://www.solesole.com/whybuyqualsh.html
- Tszuju. "Shoe Care Tips." Undated. 6/29/10.http://tszuji.co.uk/shoe-care-tips/