You Can't Wear 'Em All
Shoes should flatter your feet and figure. Those red ankle cuff shoes will accentuate your calves and -- surprise! -- your ankles.
Are those parts of your body that you want to highlight? Shoes are a fashion accessory, and even though they can look like sparkling jewels all by themselves, good dressing is about making all the elements of your outfit look good together and flattering on your body.
- Clinton, Kelly. "Top 10 Fashion Mistakes Women Make and Simple Changes To Fix Them." MSN Lifestyle. Undated.6/29/10. http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/everyday-style/staticslideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23736167
- Heels. "How to Wear Ankle Cuff Shoes." Undated. 6/29/10. http://www.collegefashion.net/fashion-tips/how-to-wear-ankle-cuff-shoes/
- Hints and Things. "Shoe Care." Undated. 6/28/10. http://www.hintsandthings.co.uk/livingroom/shoes.htm
- Mountain Hiking Site. "Hiking Shoes Versus Hiking Boots." Undated. 6/30/10. http://www.themountainhikingsite.com/hikingshoes.html
- Nikkhah, Roya. "Jimmy Choo: 'Women keep my shoes for ever'." Telegraph UK. 11/8/09. 6/29/10. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/fashionnews/6521441/Jimmy-Choo-Women-keep-my-shoes-for-ever.html
- Rosenbloom,Stephanie. "Shoes: The Recession's Not So Guilty Pleasure." 11/6/09. 6/30/10 http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/06/business/economy/06shoes.html?pagewanted=print
- Tszuju. "Shoe Care Tips." Undated. 6/29/10. http://tszuji.co.uk/shoe-care-tips/
- Wilson, Eric. "Killer Designs or Killer Shoes?" New York Times. 10/11/07. 6/28/10. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/fashion/shows/11SHOES.html
What's the history of the first Nike shoes? Learn more about Nike shoes and their waffle iron origins. Learn more in this HowStuffWorks Now article.