Lots More Information
Lawnmowers parents mow down obstacles and hardships before their children can face them. HowStuffWorks talks to experts about the style of parenting.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Alexander, Rose. "10 Teen Fashion Tips for Concerned Parents." LifeScript.com. July 27, 2007. http://www.lifescript.com/Life/Family/Parenting/10_Teen_Fashion_Tips_For_Concerned_Parents.aspx
- Chen, L.H., et al. "Carrying Passengers as a Risk Factor for Crashes Fatal to 16- and 17-year-old Drivers." The Journal of the American Medical Association. 283, 12. 1578. March 22, 2000.http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/283/12/1578
- Cohen, Deborah, et al. "When and Where Do Youths Have Sex?" Pediatrics: The Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics. 110, 6. 66. December 2002.http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/110/6/e66
- Direnfeld, Gary. "Challenging Teens." Feb. 3, 2010. http://www.yoursocialworker.com/p-articles/challenging_teens.htm
- Direnfeld, Gary. "Challenging Teens." Feb. 3, 2010. http://www.yoursocialworker.com/p-articles/tethered.htm
- Domitrz, Mike. "May I Kiss You?" Awareness Publications. 2003.
- Evans, Christine. "Parenteen: Parenting Defiant and Crazy Teens with Love and Logic." Self-help Publishers. 2009.http://books.google.com/books?id=86Z-JW6hpr0C&lpg
- Harris, Kathleen Mullan. "The National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health), Waves I & II, 1994-1996; Wave III, 2001-2002; Wave IV, 2007-2009." Chapel Hill, NC: Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Geico.com. "Technology Aids Parents in Keeping Teen Drivers Safe." Feb. 2, 2010. http://www.geico.com/information/safety/auto/teendriving/parents-use-technology/
- Kristof, Kathy. "Money Skills for Your Kids: Ages 10 to 14." July 15, 2009. http://moneywatch.bnet.com/saving-money/article/money-skills-for-your-kids-ages-10-to-14/320680/?tag=content;col1
- Kuczmarski, Susan. Ed. D. Personal interview. Feb. 1, 2010.
- Lehman, James. "Trapped in a Screaming Match with Your Child? 5 Ways to Get Out Now." EmpoweringParents.com. Feb. 1, 2010.http://www.empoweringparents.com/how-to-stop-a-screaming-match-with-your-screaming-child.php#
- MacNeille, Suzanne. "Travel with Teenagers: Options for Taking the Sullen Set Along." The New York Times. May 21, 2006. http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/05/21/travel/21teen.html?pagewanted=1
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "Youth Traffic Safety Statistics." Feb, 4, 2010.http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.cd18639c9dadbabbbf30811060008a0c/?javax.portlet.tpst=4427b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_4427b997caacf504a8bdba101891ef9a_viewID=detail_view&itemID=d91cd60670268110VgnVCM1000002fd17898RCRD&viewType=standard
- Pediatrics. "When and Where Do Youths Have Sex? The Potential Role of Adult Supervision." 110, 6. 66. December 2002.http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/110/6/e66
- Piacentini, Maria, et al. "Symbolic Consumption in Teenagers' Clothing Choices." Journal of Consumer Behaviour. 3, 3. 251-262. March 2004.
- President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy. "2008 Annual Report to the President." 2008.http://www.jumpstartcoalition.org/PACFL_ANNUAL_REPORT_1_16_09.pdf
- Riera, Michael. "Staying Connected to Your Teenager: How to Keep Them Talking to You and How to Hear What They're Really Saying." De Capo Press. 2003.http://books.google.com/books?id=ooD6jBrD6IMC&dq
- Silver-Stock, Carrie. "The Secrets Girls Keep." HCI Teens. 2009http://books.google.com/books?id=yjhkvBIDE64C&dq
- TeenDrivingCourse.com. "Driver Education." Feb. 4, 2010. http://www.teendrivingcourse.com/DriverEd.aspx
- Vedral, Joyce. "My Teenager is Driving Me Crazy." Adams Media Corp. 2003.http://books.google.com/books?id=yUO5DshNl2sC&dq
- Whitaker, Barbara. "Teen Dating: A Mom's Guide." GoodHousekeeping.com. Feb. 1, 2010. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/family/teens/teen-dating-jul06
- Wolf, Anthony. "Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall: A Parent's Guide to the New Teenager." Farrar, Straus and Giroux. 2002.http://books.google.com/books?id=oKdbCk_05wQC&dq