Not In Front of the Children
- A parent who is able to self-manage their moods and behavior will be a more positive influence on their child than one who loses control easily. Children often believe themselves to be the cause of parental anguish.
- Try not to argue in front of young children - you will frighten them.
- If you do argue, let them see you make up.
- Avoid crying or losing control in front of young children - it will alarm them. Instead, remove yourself from the room with an excuse.
- Be calm and relaxed around food and make sure meals are eaten in a stress-free environment.
- Take a unified approach to parenting with your partner or family.