Commit to Your Child
Enhance your parent-child relationship by focusing on the following essentials:
- Love your child and praise them frequently so that they feel valued and wanted.
- Set clear boundaries so that your child knows where they stand.
- Provide them with clear routines and structure so that they feel safe and know what to expect.
- Be consistent in your approach so that they learn the behavior well.
- Reward your child for being good, trying hard or doing well to build their self-esteem.
- Follow through with clear consequences if they misbehave, so that they learn from their mistakes.
- Give them cuddles and affection at every opportunity so that they know they are loved.