A daddy-daughter date doesn't have to entail specific activities, like dinner and a movie; it's more about emphasizing a special time for you and your daughter exclusively. Depending on what you plan, let her dress up any way she wishes. She may want to put on her Sunday best or wear a hodgepodge of clothing and accessories. Maybe bring her a bouquet of flowers if she's older or candy is she's younger.
Dates don't have to be elaborate or expensive. When it comes to spending time with your daughter, it's truly the thought that counts. A preteen might enjoy going to a bookstore cafe and reading magazines. Trips to the zoo, library, museums, planetariums and parks could also work. Even making her favorite meal and renting a movie to watch at home can fit the bill.
Whatever you decide to do with your daughter, enjoy the time you spend together. The two of you will be making memories that you'll both treasure for the rest of your lives.
- American Alliance for Theatre and Education. "The Effects of Theatre Education." (Jan. 2, 2012) http://www.aate.com/content.asp?contentid=223
- Entertainment Software Association, the. "Games & Violence." (Jan. 3, 2012) http://www.theesa.com/facts/violence.asp
- Gray, Terry A. "Shakespeare's Life & Times." Sept. 21, 2009. (Jan. 2, 2012) http://shakespeare.palomar.edu/life.htm
- Orienteering USA. "What is Orienteering?" (Jan. 2, 2012) http://orienteeringusa.org/new-o/what-orienteering
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation. "Inline skates safety." Sept. 21, 2005 (Jan. 2, 2012) http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/motorist/pedestrians/skates.htm
- Women's Flat Track Derby Association. "What Is Flat Track Roller Derby?" (Jan. 2, 2012) http://wftda.com/faq/what-is-flat-track-roller-derby
New baby smell is more than warm milk and dirty diapers. Find out what causes it and what purpose it serves from HowStuffWorks.