5 Budget Luxuries for Mom


The Luxury of Time

According to a Families and Work Institute survey, in 2008, 31 percent of moms said that their spouses took equal or more responsibility for the care of their children. The other 69 percent of moms? Well, they've apparently got a lot on their plate.

So what's the perfect present for a busy mother? The gift of nothing.

Seems like a cop-out, right? Hardly. The gift of time for mom to do whatever she wants, whether it's catching up with the girls, catching up on chapters of the newest Twilight book or catching up on a nap, is a precious luxury. Clearing out the kids, the pets, the mess (or whatever stands between a mom and her free time) means a happier mom, and you can't go wrong with that.