Oh, gosh, what a bomb. The baby is at home with Grandma, and you're enjoying the luxury of a well-deserved afternoon out. You're thinking about having a macadamia and white chocolate cookie when a friendly matron accosts you with this brutal, eviscerating remark. Do you tell her you've already delivered, thank you, or just smile and drift away to cry in private? Whatever you do, leave the firearms at home.
- American Pregnancy. "Eating for Two When Over/ or Under Weight." Undated. (3/24/11).http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/eatingfortwo.html
- Baby Center. "When can my baby start sleeping through the night?" Undated. (3/24/11).http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-start-sleeping-through-the-night_1368534.bc
- Crawford, Leslie and Sierra Senyak. "The New-Mom Body Survey: 7,000 Women Tell It Like It Is." Baby Center. 12/20. (3/24/11).http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-new-mom-body-survey-7-000-women-tell-it-like-it-is_3653252.bc
- Kids Health. "10 Things That Might Surprise You About Being Pregnant." Undated. (3/24/11).http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/your_pregnancy/pregnancy.html
- Random Facts. "Pregnancy." Undated. (3/24/11).http://facts.randomhistory.com/2008/11/10_pregnancy.html
- Stapleton, Stacey. "12 Most Embarrassing Pregnancy Problems." Undated. (3/24/11).http://features.parents.com/embarrassing-pregnancy-problems.html
- Sutter Health. "New Mom - Physical Changes." Undated. (3/24/11).http://www.babies.sutterhealth.org/afterthebirth/newmom/pp_physical.html
- The National Women's Health and Information Center. "Depression During and After Pregnancy." 3/6/09. (3/24/11).http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/depression-pregnancy.cfm
HowStuffWorks learns about the free-range parenting philosophy and talks to the movement's founder Lenore Skenazy.