"Are You Disappointed It's a Boy?"
What's the point of asking? Can the mother send him back for another model? Truth is, how she feels about baby's gender is her business. She may be elated with what Nature gifted her. Or, she may have dreamed of a girl, gotten the opposite (or vice versa) and needs some time to mentally adjust.
So she may not feel like answering when family, friends or veritable strangers question her innermost feelings on the matter. And in the end, who's going to care when they see the perfect baby she'll be holding in her arms?
- Bradley, Alice. "The 10 Most Irritating, Least Helpful Parenting Tips Ever." Feb. 4, 2011. Redbook. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-10-most-irritating-least-helpful-parenting-tips-ever-2448391
- KidsHealth.org. "10 Things That Might Surprise You about Being Pregnant." (Feb. 17, 2011) KidsHealth.org. http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/your_pregnancy/pregnancy.html#
- Millard, Pauline. "Five Things Not to Say to a Newly Pregnant Woman." Dec. 17, 2008. (Feb. 17, 2011) HuffingtonPost.com. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pauline-millard/four-things-not-to-say-to_b_151685.html
- Spies, Oz. "War Stories." Aug. 16, 2007. (Feb. 17, 2011) Babble.com. http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/knockedup/archive/tags/labor+horror+stories/default.aspx
- Walsh, Wendy. "Is Kelly Preston Too Old to Have a Baby?" May 19, 2010. (Feb. 17, 2011) MomLogic.com. http://www.momlogic.com/2010/05/kelly_preston_is_she_too_old_to_have_a_baby.php
New baby smell is more than warm milk and dirty diapers. Find out what causes it and what purpose it serves from HowStuffWorks.