One to Three Days Out
- Finalize the party setup. Keep crowd flow in mind when you're arranging furniture, and remove anything that clutters a room or might get broken. Have a decent amount of seating available, but not so much that everyone will sit down and forget to mingle.
- Stock the bar and refrigerate drinks.
- Wash glasses, dishes, serving pieces and flatware.
- Iron table linens and napkins.
- Buy perishable food except meat and seafood two days ahead. Get meat and seafood one day ahead.
- Do a quick (but thorough!) once-over of the house. Tidy up and make sure you have enough toilet paper and hand towels.
- The day before, prepare any foods that can be refrigerated. Do as much prep work as you can for anything that you'll have to make the day of.
- Decorate and figure out lighting. You might need to change bulbs if certain rooms seem like they'll be too light or dark during the party.