OK, so this may count as "overdoing it," but sometimes you just can't help it: A petting zoo can bring such joy to tiny little faces it can easily win Party of the Year. If you're into that kind of thing.
Most (but not all!) little ones love animals, and you can pretty easily turn your yard into a petting zoo. A supplier will send the appropriate fence, animals and supervisors to make it safe and fun. Typical animals for toddlers might include chicks, rabbits, goats and ducks (it's best to avoid the pony-ride option for such young children).
Just remember, with all the hubbub surrounding the big 1, 2 or 3, it's still a party for someone who would probably be happy unwrapping empty boxes and sitting in them. So don't get too stressed out. In the end, cupcakes, juice boxes and toys will do just fine.
For more information on toddlers, party planning and related topics, look over the links below.
- 10 Ideas for a Unique Birthday Party
- 10 Fun Kids' Birthday Party Themes
- Top 5 Arts and Crafts Birthday Party Ideas
- 5 Edible Birthday Creations
- 5 Fun Party Craft Ideas
- 5 Princess Birthday Party Ideas
- 5 Fun Places to Have Kids' Parties
- 5 Themed Kids' Birthday Parties on a Budget
- 5 Things You Should Know: Birthday Party Entertainers
- 5 Things Kids Should Know: Party Etiquette
- 5 Cute Cupcake Ideas for Kids' Birthday Parties
- How to Throw a Ballerina Birthday Party
- How to Throw a Healthy Birthday Party
- How to Throw a Superhero Birthday Party
More Great Links
- Baby Center. Play & Activities. (Dec. 18, 2010)http://www.babycenter.com/toddler-play-activities
- Bay Zone. Fun & Travel. (Dec. 18, 2010)http://www.babyzone.com/toddler_preschooler_fun
- Disney Family Fun. Parties By Age. (Dec. 18, 2010)http://familyfun.go.com/parties/parties-by-age/
- Elliot, Stephanie. "What's Your Party-Planning Style?" Baby Zone. (Dec. 18, 2010)http://www.babyzone.com/toddler_preschooler_fun/birthdays_parties/quiz/party-planning-style/
- National Network for Child Care. Toddler Development. (Dec. 18, 2010)http://www.nncc.org/child.dev/todd.dev.html
Hosting a trivia night can spice up a slow bar night or be a great fundraiser. Learn how to host a trivia night to get started.