Make Your Guests Feel Like Stars
Depending on the scale of your event, the people who show up may have been to hundreds of fashion shows. You'll want them to feel special and for your event to stand out, so do what you can to show them as much hospitality as possible. Give out goodie bags with samples of hair and makeup products, serve cocktails and finger foods before or after the show, and consider hosting an exclusive meet and greet with the clothing designers. Think outside the box and get creative!
- Entrepreneur.com. "The Event Planning Industry." (Feb. 9, 2012) http://www.entrepreneur.com/downloads/guides/1313_Event_Planning_ch1.pdf
- Fortini, Amanda. "How the Runway Took Off." (Feb. 8, 2006) Feb. 15, 2012.http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/fashion/2006/02/how_the_runway_took_off.html
- Milligan, Lauren. "And the award goes to..." (Feb. 25, 2010) Feb. 15, 2012. http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2010/02/25/best-moments-of-london-fashion-week
- Models. "Question: What are the requirements for being a model? Is there a minimum or maximum height, weight or other factor?" (Feb. 15, 2012) http://models.com/help/005-what_are_requirements.html
- Patner, Josh. "Fashion Week FAQ." Sept. 13, 2004. (Feb. 15, 2012) http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/fashion/2004/09/fashion_week_faq.single.html
- Solaris, Julius. "The top 5 tips for a cool fashion show." Event Manager Blog. June 13, 2008. (Feb. 8, 2012) http://www.eventmanagerblog.com/tips/how-to-fashion-show
Hosting a trivia night can spice up a slow bar night or be a great fundraiser. Learn how to host a trivia night to get started.