Celebrating a new family member also means celebrating the culture that the baby will be born into. Have fun playing up on Mom's and Dad's cultural backgrounds with food, décor, gifts and games. This is a great theme to use when the party is for the entire family, not just the mom-to-be.
An international-themed baby shower can be a great collaborative experience for the parents. Transform the party space into a Moroccan oasis, the Italian seaside or a French bistro. Talk to Mom about what aspects of her background she'd like to see represented at the shower. Make a CD with cultural music to set the theme and have a party!
- How to Make Homemade Baby Shower Favors
- Throw an Eco-friendly Baby Shower, Celebrity Style
- 5 Unique, Homemade Baby Shower Gifts
- Babycenter. "100 most popular baby names of 2011." (Jan. 27, 2012)http://www.babycenter.com/top-baby-names-2011
- Babycenter. "Baby shower planning and etiquette." Aug. 2011. (Jan. 27, 2012) http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-shower-planning-and-etiquette_1642.bc
- Babycenter. "Top 10 baby shower gifts." Jan. 2012. (Jan. 27, 2012)http://www.babycenter.com/0_top-ten-baby-shower-gifts_5387.bc
- Bjerga, Alan. "Cost to Raise 2010 U.S. Newborn is $226,920." Bloomberg. June 9, 2011. (Jan. 30, 2012)http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-09/u-s-child-born-in-2010-may-cost-226-920-to-raise-usda-says.html
- CBS News. ""7 billionth" babies celebrated worldwide." Oct. 31, 2011. (January 30, 2012)http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-20127743/7-billionth-babies-celebrated-worldwide/
- Eng, Heather. "14 Festive Baby Shower Games." Parents.com. (Jan. 28, 2012) http://www.parents.com/baby/shower/games/fun-baby-shower-games/
- Immergut, Debra Jo. "A Quick Etiquette Guide to Baby Celebrations." Parents.com. (Jan. 28, 2012) http://www.parents.com/baby/shower/planning/a-quick-etiquette-guide-to-baby-celebrations/
- Sorensen, Janelle. "Hosting a Green Baby Shower." Healthy Child Healthy World. March 26, 2008. (Jan. 20, 2012) http://healthychild.org/blog/comments/hosting_a_green_baby_shower/
- Washington Post, the. "Miss Manners: Modesty is the best party policy." Sept. 11, 2011. (Jan. 30, 2012)http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/10/AR2010091005903.html
- Webber, Rebecca. "New Baby Trend: Grandma's Getting a Baby Shower." Grandparents.com. (Jan. 30, 2012) http://www.grandparents.com/gp/content/expert-advice/new-grandparents/article/ababyshowerforgrandma.html
Hosting a trivia night can spice up a slow bar night or be a great fundraiser. Learn how to host a trivia night to get started.