Kids love taco night, so why not snack on tacos at the birthday party? It doesn't have to be a greasy, cheesy, unhealthy affair. Bake tortillas in a cupcake pan to make mini tortilla cups. Set out fillings -- lean ground turkey, instead of beef, low-fat cheeses, vegetarian refried beans, and veggies like shredded lettuce, tomatoes and corn, plus cilantro and mild salsa. Each child gets a baked tortilla cup to fill with whatever toppings he or she desires.
We think the kids will give a hearty cheer for these simple snacks! For more about kids and food, check out the links below.
- Durand, Faith. "How to Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient!" The Kitchn. Aug. 19, 2009. (Jan. 28, 2011)http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414
- "Easy Pita Bread Pizza." Food.com. Feb. 2, 2005. (Jan. 28, 2011)http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-pita-bread-pizza-110067
- "Healthy Tacos: Guilt-free crispy tacos." Eating Well. 2011. (Jan. 28, 2011)http://www.eatingwell.com/healthy_cooking/quick_healthy_cooking/healthy_tacos
- Sachs, Jessica Plant, Jacqueline, Berg, Fraya and Brookhart-Schervish, Lori. "The 20 Best Snacks for Kids." Parents. 2011. (Jan. 28, 2011)http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/feeding/healthy-eating/the-20-best-snacks-for-kids/
- Snyder. "Sugar: Does It Really Make Kids Hyper?" Parenting. 2011. (Jan. 28, 2011)http://www.parenting.com/article/sugar-does-it-make-kids-hyper
- Warner, Penny. "Serious About Snacks." Disney Family Fun. 2011. (Jan. 28, 2011)http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/cooking-with-kids/serious-about-snacks-714779/
Hosting a trivia night can spice up a slow bar night or be a great fundraiser. Learn how to host a trivia night to get started.