Santa manages to leave presents under the tree of every child in the world in a single night, so we're pretty sure he'd be more than willing to stop by to celebrate your kid's birthday if you asked, regardless if the party is on the beach or in your living room. You can set up a special birthday tree where all the guests can leave their presents, and everyone can sip on eggnog and hot cocoa instead of soda.
You may assume this idea only works for December babies, as most of us tend to think about Christmas only around the holidays, but Old Saint Nick is preparing year-round. Your child will be elated and surprised by an out-of-season visit from the big man in red. In fact, your kid may be happy enough to give you a quick peck on the cheek in front of his friends, and you won't even have to pull out the mistletoe.
- Cinemark. "Private Birthday Party Screening Pricing." 2010. (Dec. 19, 2010).http://www.cinemark.com/bdaypricing.asp
- Georgia Aquarium. "Atlanta Parties at Georgia Aquarium." 2010. (Dec. 17, 2010).http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/explore-the-aquarium/events-and-programs/kids-parties.aspx#
- Microsoft Support. "How to connect Xbox 360 consoles for system link play." 2010. (Dec. 19, 2010).http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910583
- National Geographic. "Sea Horse." 2010. (Dec. 17, 2010).http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/fish/sea-horse/
- Smithsonian. "Smithsonian Sleepovers." 2010. (Dec. 19, 2010).http://smithsoniansleepovers.org
Hosting a trivia night can spice up a slow bar night or be a great fundraiser. Learn how to host a trivia night to get started.