Rendezvous at a Girlfriend's Place
Here's a fabulously fun and inexpensive option for a killer ladies getaway: have a girls-only slumber party!
Nominate someone in your clan who has a home with enough space (and beds or blow-up mattresses) to accommodate everyone. This getaway is less about experiencing a new place and more about reconnecting with good friends and sharing quality time together.
Some of the most enjoyable times can be so simple. Hit up the local farmers market, gather in the kitchen and prepare meals together. Every community has its own flavor; check out local events or attractions like parks and outdoor recreation areas, comedy clubs or happy hour hot spots. Kill an evening sitting around in your PJs sipping wine and sharing stories. Turn up the music up and have a living room dance party. The sky's the limit -- for more inspiration, think back to the slumber parties of long ago. Pizza and makeovers? Whatever you do, you'll have a great time.
- Canyon Ranch. (March 31, 2011).http://www.canyonranch.com
- Cooking Vacations. (March 31, 2011).http://www.cooking-vacations.com
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. (March 31, 2011). http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/index.jsp
- Napa Valley.org. (March 31, 2011).http://www.napavalley.org
- "Spilling our Guts to our Female Friends." Psychology Today. Nov. 4, 2009. (April 1, 2011).http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/friend-or-foe/200911/spilling-our-guts-our-female-friends
- Zador Spanish Schools. (March 31, 2011). http://www.zadorspain.com
Hosting a trivia night can spice up a slow bar night or be a great fundraiser. Learn how to host a trivia night to get started.