Witch costumes are very popular Halloween, when witches are very fashionable. It's not difficult at all to make your costume's witch hat, and learning how to make it is easy and fun for the whole family. A witch hat can be made in no time if you follow these easy instructions.
- Black construction paper
- Craft knife
- Scotch tape
Here's what to do.
- Place the construction paper on the table and put something on each corner to keep it flat.
- Draw a large circle on the construction paper, using a compass. This will be the width of the hat from one end of the brim to the other end of the brim. Cut out the circle.
- Draw a second, smaller circle inside the first circle. The small circle should be large enough to fit the wearer's head.
- Cut out the inner circle, using the craft knife. You now have a round piece of construction paper and a round piece with a hole in the middle for the brim.
- Draw a line across the center of the round piece of construction paper, using the pencil and ruler. Cut the construction paper in half along the line.
- Roll the half-circle into a cone shape, with one end wide and the other end coming to a point. Make sure the wide opening fits into the open circle of the brim.
- Staple together the two ends of the bottom of the cone to hold it together.
- Glue the cone-shaped construction paper together along the seam.
- Wait for the glue to dry. When the glue is dry, glue or tape the wide open end of the cone to the brim.
- Decorate your witch hat. Squirt some glue around the hat and sprinkle glitter on it.