Thanksgiving is the perfect time to have fun and get creative. With very few materials and just a few minutes, you can make your own Pilgrim hat [source: Activity Village]. Read the steps listed below and learn about how you can make old-fashioned headwear to go with your Pilgrim outfit.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 piece of black paper, 12 inches-by-12 inches (30 centimeters-by-30 centimeters)
- 1 piece of black paper, 4 inches-by-18 inches (10 centimeters-by-46 centimeters)
- 1 piece of yellow paper, 2 inches-by-2 inches (5 centimeters-by-5 centimeters)
Here's what to do:
- Measure a 3-inch (8-centimeter) wide ring, with your ruler, on the 12 inch-by-12 inch (30 centimeter-by-30 centimeter) black piece of paper. Mark the ring with a pencil.
- Cut out the ring with your scissors. This will be the brim of the hat.
- Make a tube with the 4 inch-by-18 inch (10 centimeter-by-46 centimeter) piece of paper by fastening together the two ends of the paper. This will be the body of the hat.
- Tape the brim to the body of the hat.
- Cut a square out of the center of the yellow piece of paper. This will be the hat's buckle.
- Tape the buckle to the crown of the hat [source: Electric Scotland].