Fabric rosettes are a great way to dress up an outfit. You can either sew them or make them with fabric glue. Either way, it's easy to make fabric rosettes. Let's see how to do it both ways.
First, let's sew one. Gather a needle and thread, some fabric and a cup or saucer.
- Cut out one circle of fabric for each rosette. Use the cup or saucer as a template.
- Sew a running stitch around the edge of each circle, and pull the thread tight to form the rosettes.
- Tie the ends of the thread together.
- Adjust the pleats to form a perfect circle.
- Sew the rosettes onto the garment. For added color cut a contrasting fabric into leaves, and sew them to the garment beneath the rosettes.
- Sew a button in the center of each rosette, if desired.
[source: How to Sew A Rosette]
To make a fabric rosette without sewing, you'll need fabric, fabric glue and a few gems.
- Cut the fabric into 1¼-inch (3.15-centimeter) strips. Each strip will be a rosette.
- Tie a knot at one end of each strip and cut off any excess material.
- Roll each strip around its knot, twisting the strip every ½ inch (1.27 centimeters) until the rosette is the size you want.
- Tuck the rest of the strip underneath the rosette and glue it to its bottom. This is a base for the rosette.
- Fluff out the flower and clip off any excess threads.
- Glue some gems in the center of each rosette, if desired.
[source: Make a Rolled Fabric Rosette]