Food in Foil
Preparing food in foil means you can find great recipes for the coals of a campfire or on an outdoor grill.
What You'll Need:
- Outdoor grill (charcoal or gas) or campfire
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Ingredients for individual recipes
How to Make Food in Foil:
Step 1: Make sure you have an outdoor grill or campfire available to prepare your meals. Follow the recipes below to enjoy your meals.
- Chicken and rice: Place two raw chicken breasts on a large piece of foil. Mix one can of condensed mushroom soup with two-thirds of a cup of uncooked instant rice. Seal the foil. Cook over coals for about 20 minutes, turn, then cook 20 minutes longer.
- Grilled corn on the cob: Husk an ear of corn. Spread with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and wrap tightly in foil. Place on coals and grill for ten minutes, turning occasionally.
- Eggs: Shape a square of foil over the end of a soup can to form a cup. Slide the cup from the can and break an egg into it. Set the cup on a grill for 10 minutes or on coals for three minutes. Top with grated cheese.
It's no easy task to eat while you hike, but you'll learn how on the next page.