How to Make Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern
Spread some holiday cheer by hanging this delightful design on your wall. Even better, the Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging is easy to make. To get a closer look at the quilt and its patterns, download this three-page PDF of the Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern.
To make the Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern:
- With metallic thread, sew embellishing lines on green print fabric from top to bottom. Lines should be graceful curves and may intersect each other.
- Download and cut out all pattern pieces. Trace and cut six A triangles from green print. Cut six B triangles and six B reversed from white-on-white. Sew triangle B and triangle B reversed to each triangle A to form tree.
- From brown, cut six 2 X 21/2-inch trunks. From white-on-white, cut twelve 21/2 X 23/4-inch rectangles. Sew 2 white rectangles to either side of each brown trunk, along 21/2-inch sides. Sew trunk sections to bottom of tree sections to form blocks.
- Cut two 21/2 X 45-inch strips from Christmas print. Cut strips into four 8-inch strips and three 6-inch strips. Cut two 21/2-inch squares from dark red print.
- Stitch together 2 rows of 3 trees each separated by Christmas print sashing and corner blocks. See finished quilt illustration below for placement.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern
- 6. Cut three 11/2 X 45-inch strips from red print. Measure quilt vertically through center and cut 2 strips to this length from 1 of the long strips. Stitch to sides. Measure quilt horizontally through center. Use remaining strips to make border for top and bottom.
- Cut three 21/2 X 45-inch strips from Christmas print. Measure quilt vertically through center and cut 2 strips to this length from 1 of the long strips. Stitch to sides. Use remaining strips to make border for top and bottom.
- Layer top, batting, and back; baste. Quilt in ditches around trees with gold thread. Quilt in ditches around blocks and borders with red thread. Cut three 23/4 X 45-inch strips from dark green. See How to Quilt to stitch binding to quilt, using green thread.
Want more information? Try these: