Spread some holiday cheer by hanging this delightful design on your wall. Even better, the Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging is easy to make. To get a closer look at the quilt and its patterns, download this three-page PDF of the Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern.
To make the Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern:
- With metallic thread, sew embellishing lines on green print fabric from top to bottom. Lines should be graceful curves and may intersect each other.
- Download and cut out all pattern pieces. Trace and cut six A triangles from green print. Cut six B triangles and six B reversed from white-on-white. Sew triangle B and triangle B reversed to each triangle A to form tree.
- From brown, cut six 2 X 21/2-inch trunks. From white-on-white, cut twelve 21/2 X 23/4-inch rectangles. Sew 2 white rectangles to either side of each brown trunk, along 21/2-inch sides. Sew trunk sections to bottom of tree sections to form blocks.
- Cut two 21/2 X 45-inch strips from Christmas print. Cut strips into four 8-inch strips and three 6-inch strips. Cut two 21/2-inch squares from dark red print.
- Stitch together 2 rows of 3 trees each separated by Christmas print sashing and corner blocks. See finished quilt illustration below for placement.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
Simple Elegant Christmas Trees Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern
- 6. Cut three 11/2 X 45-inch strips from red print. Measure quilt vertically through center and cut 2 strips to this length from 1 of the long strips. Stitch to sides. Measure quilt horizontally through center. Use remaining strips to make border for top and bottom.
- Cut three 21/2 X 45-inch strips from Christmas print. Measure quilt vertically through center and cut 2 strips to this length from 1 of the long strips. Stitch to sides. Use remaining strips to make border for top and bottom.
- Layer top, batting, and back; baste. Quilt in ditches around trees with gold thread. Quilt in ditches around blocks and borders with red thread. Cut three 23/4 X 45-inch strips from dark green. See How to Quilt to stitch binding to quilt, using green thread.
Want more information? Try these: