Hand-woven African mudcloth and neutral solid linen-weave cottons are paired to produce these ethnically inspired table linens. The Casual Sophistication Quilted Table Runner and Place Mats will lend international elegance to any setting.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
Lend a little panache to your next dinner with the
Casual Sophistication Quilted Place Mat Pattern.
- 2/3 yard each 2 coordinated patterns of mudcloth or other ethnic print fabrics, 45 inches wide
- 12/3 yards terra cotta linen-weave cotton, 45 inches wide
- 12/3 yards black linen-weave cotton
- Medium-loft batting
- 3 yards fusible webbing
- Monofilament sewing thread
- Black rayon embroidery thread
Note: Prewash all fabrics to test for colorfastness. Press and fold fabric lengthwise with selvages together. Measure and cut fabrics across the grain. The above quantities are sufficient for four place mats and a table runner.
After you've gathered the materials above, learn how to put them all together to make the table linens. We'll start with the quilted place mat on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Love quilted tablecloths? Check out our Quilted Tablecloth Patterns page.
- Looking for a different quilted table runner? Choose one from our Quilted Table Runner Patterns.
- Find a variety of place mats on our Quilted Place Mat Patterns page.
- Learn How to Quilt or brush up on the basics with our refresher course.