Create a family heirloom by making the Birds of a Feather Quilt your next project. Generations to come are sure to enjoy this quilted work of art. The finished piece measures approximately 32 X 50 inches. Download a photo and the patterns for the Birds of a Feather Quilt in this PDF.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
Birds of a Feather Quilt
- Template plastic
- Utility scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Iron, ironing board
- 1/8 yard or scraps of 18 different lights, mediums, and darks for birdhouses and background blocks
- 9 scraps at least 2-inch square for birdhouse holes using variations of the same color tones
- 9 scraps at least 8 X 21/2 inches for appliquéd roofs using variations of the same color tones
- 1/8 yard tan print for inner border
- 3/4 yard blue plaid for outer border
- 1/8 yard tan/blue/red print for leaves
- 1/8 yard dark red solid or print for berries
- 1/8 yard each gold, red, and tan/blue plaid for birds
- 3/4 yard tan/blue stripe for vine
- 1/3 yard dark red solid or print for binding
- 11/2 yards backing material
- 1 package low-loft batting, 45 X 60 inches
- Thread: neutral color for piecing blocks and colors to match appliqué pieces
Once you've found all the materials listed, check out the next page for tips on making the quilt.
Not what you're looking for? Try these: