Get a good perspective on your quilting with the Bird's Eye View Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern. Select dark, large-print fabrics for the foreground, progressing to very light fabrics at the horizon to create a sense of perspective. The finished piece measures approximately 25 X 34 inches. Download a photo and the patterns for the Bird's Eye View Quilted Wall Hanging in this three-page PDF.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
You've got a window looking out onto a farm when you display
the Bird's Eye View Quilted Wall Hanging.
- 1/4 yard medium blue
- 1/4 yard light blue
- 1/8 yard light green
- 1/8 yard pig print
- 1/8 yard gold flower print
- 1/8 yard cow print
- 1/8 yard sunflower print
- 1/4 yard dark green flower print
- 1/8 yard dark brown and black plaid
- 1/4 yard dark green print
- 3/8 yard dark red plaid
- 1/4 yard black
- 1/8 yard each or scraps white, red, blue, and straw-colored prints
- 7/8 yard backing fabric
- 29 X 38-inch piece batting
- 1/8 yard or scraps lightweight fusible webbing
- Fabric stabilizer
- Medium gray thread
- Transparent monofilament thread
- Black fine-point marker
Gather the materials listed above, then see the next section for tips on making the wall hanging.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- If this wall hanging is a bit too complicated, check out our Easy Quilt Patterns.
- Looking for a different quilted wall hanging? Choose one from our Quilted Wall Hanging Patterns.
- Flip through our Quilt Patterns to find your next quilting project.
- Learn How to Quilt or brush up on the basics with our refresher course.