How to Finish Quilt
Now that the hearts, bars, and stars are in place, let's put this patriotic piece together. To get a closer look at the quilt and its patterns, download this three-page PDF of the Americana Summer Quilted Table Runner.
How to finish the quilt:
- Assemble quilt and borders. Stitch together quilt sections as shown in finished quilt illustration.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
Americana Summer Quilted Table Runner Pattern
- From blue print, cut three 11/2 X 44-inch strips. From these strips, cut two 11/2 X 16-inch strips and two 11/2 X 401/2-inch strips. From dark red print, cut three 3 X 44-inch strips. From these strips, cut two 3 X 21-inch strips and two 3 X 42-inch strips.
- Stitch 11/2 X 401/2-inch blue strips to sides of quilt. Stitch 11/2 X 16-inch strips to top and bottom. Stitch 3 X 42-inch red strips to sides of quilt. Stitch 3 X 21-inch strips to top and bottom.
- Layer quilt front, batting, and back; baste. With white thread, machine quilt in ditches around borders. For a handmade look, hand quilt in ditches around shapes. With hand quilting, create shapes in red border and background and criss-cross pattern in flagpole. With red thread, hand quilt stars and other shapes in background and large star center. You may also use red thread to outline shapes quilted in border where they protrude into background. To save time, you may also quilt entirely by machine.
- Cut four 21/2 X 44-inch strips from dark blue print. See How to Quilt to stitch binding to quilt.
Not what you're looking for? Try these: