Plant a Rainbow
Plant a rainbow in your own garden. All you need are the seeds of different-colored plants, including red, yellow, orange, blue, green, and purple -- all the colors of rainbow!
What You'll Need:
- Garden plot
- Seeds of annual plants and flowers (see below)
How to Plant a Rainbow:
For your rainbow garden, use seeds of plants in all colors of the rainbow. You can plant different colors of the same plant, or a different plant for each color. You could even plant them in the shape of a rainbow!
These flowers are all summer-blooming annuals that will bloom well in all climate zones:
- Dianthus, petunia, verbena, and zinnia produce red or pink blooms
- Calendula, marigold, and zinnia produce yellow or orange blooms
- Choose any nonflowering, leafy green plant, such as mint, for the color green
- Dianthus, petunia, verbena, and zinnia produce blue or purple blooms
On the next page in plant activities for kids, find out how to make a terrarium in a bottle.