If you or one of your girlfriends is hosting a sit-down dinner event coming up, why not get the girls together to help make some crafty place card holders? Wine cork card holders are fun and easy craft to make with a group and the dinner or wedding guests can take them home as a keepsake. You'll need enough corks to cover all of the guests, and some sharp knives, both straight edged and serrated. The first step is to cut your cork in half so it will have a straight edge to sit on. Sometimes it's easier to score it with a straight edged knife and switch to a serrated edge for the sawing. Then, holding it strategically so you don't slice your fingers, make a cut across the top length of the cork, only going about halfway through. This will provide a slot for the place card to sit.
- "25 Things to do With Used Corks." Wisebread.com. May 26, 2012. http://www.wisebread.com/25-things-to-do-with-used-corks-including-making-money-with-them
- French, Alicia. "5 Creative ways you can reuse your wine cork." Sheknows.com. May 26, 2012. http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/952639/5-creative-ways-you-can-reuse-your-wine-corks
- "How to make mulling spices for the holidays." Seriouseats.com. May 26, 2012. http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/11/how-to-make-mulling-spices-for-the-holidays.html
- "Mulling Spices Recipe." Lovetoknow.com. May 26, 2012. http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/Mulling_Spices_Recipe
- "Wine Cork Kits and Crafts." wineenthusiast.com. May 26, 2012. http://www.wineenthusiast.com/home-housewares/wine-cork-kits.asp
Are you looking for some kid-friendly homemade valentine ideas? Check out these kid-friendly homemade valentine ideas in this article.