Thanksgiving is the perfect occasion for making fun holiday crafts. Thanksgiving activities incorporate the beautiful colors of autumn and provide inspiration for creativity.
In the United States, modern Thanksgiving celebrations are held on the fourth Thursday in November. This is to commemorate the pilgrims' first Thanksgiving in 1621.
The pilgrims celebrated their first harvest together with Native Americans. These Native Americans had been very helpful to the pilgrims, teaching them how to grow crops native to what is now called North America.
When we celebrate Thanksgiving, we decorate our homes in celebration of those early American achievements, and of the things we have to be thankful for in our own lives.
On the following pages, you will find a bunch of great activities for this all-American holiday.
- Mosaic Planters: Fall has so much natural beauty. Bring it inside in these beautiful and easy-to-make planters.
- Salt and Pepper Pilgrims: These salt and pepper shakers are so easy to make, and they make a great addition to the holiday table.
- Turkey Feathers Game: Can you "outflap" your friends and family? Find out with this fun game!
- Fruity Turkey: This colorful and tasty treat is so easy and fun to create -- and it makes a great, edible centerpiece for the dinner table.
- Turkey in the Straws: With a little practice and nimble fingers, you can win this fun game.
But before the fun and games begin, go to the next page to learn how to give your spring planters a colorful fall makeover.
For more fun activities and crafts for kids, see: