Fuzzy Fall Decorations
Fuzzy Fall Decorations make the perfect Halloween adornments. All you need are different colored chenille stems.
Make a creepy spider using thin and thick black stems, and set it in a sparkly web of metallic silver stems.
Experiment with different lengths and textures of chenille stems to make pumpkins. (The 15mm stems make great-looking, chubby pumpkins!) Make tight spirals out of a green chenille stem (3mm works well) for stems, and wrap looser spirals for curly vines. Use 3mm black stems to add creepy jack-o'-lantern details for Halloween!
What You'll Need:
7 white bump chenille stems
How to make a spooky skeleton:
1. Cut a 2-bump section for the spine.
2. Cut 2 bumps, and trim most of the thin part from 1 end of each. Twist them together at the trimmed ends so the bumps touch. Bend into a circle. Straighten the thin ends and twist them together and onto the spine.
3. Twist the middle of a stem to the spine, just under the skull. Bend it to form shoulders and arms, cutting away most of the thin part of each stem and twisting them back together to look like elbows.
4. Cut 1 bump; twist it to the bottom of the spine for hips.
5. Cut a stem in half; twist each piece to 1 side of the hip bone. Bend each leg between bumps to create knees.
6. To make the rib cage, cut four 2-bump pieces and twist them onto the spine. Bend each rib around the spine toward the front.
7. Finally, cut the remaining stem into 4 bumps, and bend each bump in half. Twist them to the ends of the arms and legs to create hands and feet.
With so many activities, it may be hard to choose which one to start with first. Don't be frightened by the selection. Pick one to get started and you'll be off.
For more fun crafts and activities, see:
ABOUT THE CRAFT DESIGNERSPaper Plate Monster by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonScary Sounds by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonAlien Eggs by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonColored Face Powder by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonDancing Jack-o'-Lantern by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonScary Bug Game by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonVisible/Invisible Game by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonWriggling Snake by Lisa Lerner and Kersten HamiltonScary Sleepover by Laurie FreehaferWitchy Woman Nail Decorations by Shari Finger and Susan Tumblety