What You'll Need:
Six Balloons (one yellow)
Christmas Balloon Tree
- Begin by inflating five balloons, leaving a three-inch tail on each. Inflate another balloon, leaving a four-inch tail.
- Twist-lock all five of the longer balloons together at the tying end.
Twist-lock all five long balloons together. (Step 2)
- Make a twist in each balloon 25 inches from the twist-lock. It is best if someone can help you hold the balloons when working with so many at the same time.
Twist each balloon 25 inches from the lock. (Step 3)
- Make another twist in each balloon 6 inches from the last twist. Bring all five of the second twists together.
- Pinch and twist-lock.
- Go four more inches down and twist-lock.
- Hold tightly to that twist-lock and cut the tips of the balloons so that the balloon tails deflate to that point, as shown.
Cut the tips of the balloon
tails to deflate them.
- Tie the ends.
Tie the ends of the deflated tails. (Step 8)
- Pinch and twist a round bubble in the end of the sixth balloon.
- Pinch and twist a four-inch bubble, and fold it over as shown. Pinch and twist-lock.
Fold over the four-inch bubble. (Step 10)
- Repeat step 10 four times.
- Pull the tail portion of the star balloon into the twist-locked balloons at the top of the tree.
Link the star with the top
of the tree. (Step 12)
For more fun activities and crafts for kids, see: