Decorate this Christmas tree with paper "ornaments," or glue on poms, beads, or stickers -- pretty much anything goes.
What You'll Need:
Green paper bag
Colored paper: green, red
Shiny gold paper
- With the bag flat on your work surface, trim the sides into the shape of a tree, starting the curve halfway up both sides and gradually bringing them to within one inch of each other in the center.
- Cut out green and red circles, and glue them to both sides of the bag.
- Stuff the bag loosely with a crumpled sheet of newspaper, and glue the sides and top closed.
- Sketch a star onto shiny gold paper; cut out. Trace around this star on the gold paper to make a second star, and cut out. Glue one star on each side of the top of the tree, lining them up back to back.
- This tree makes a great goody bag for a holiday party. Instead of gluing the stars together, punch a hole at the top of each, and tie them closed with a sparkly chenille stem or a piece of cording.
Continue reading to learn about an angelic craft you're sure to enjoy.For more fun holiday craft ideas and activities for kids, see: