This "hot" project makes a perfect gift for the special person who serves all your favorite meals. Create a wintertime trivet like any of the ones shown, or choose your own design.
What You'll Need:
14 regular craft sticks or 9 mini jumbo craft sticks
Acrylic paint: assorted colors
4 wooden beads, 12mm each
Small stamps or compressed sponge cut into stars (optional)
Clear gloss acrylic spray
- Line up 12 regular craft sticks or seven mini jumbo craft sticks alongside each other.
- Using regular sticks with regular sticks, or mini jumbo with mini jumbo, glue a craft stick horizontally across the top and the bottom of the lined-up group.
- Paint the top of the trivet. Let dry, then paint the bottom the same color. Let dry. If necessary, apply a second coat.
- Paint four wooden beads the same color as the trivet. Glue one bead at each end of the horizontal craft sticks to create four feet. Let dry completely.
- Paint or stamp a design on top of the trivet.
- With adult help, spray acrylic sealer over the surface to protect the finished trivet.
Continue reading to learn how to make a cool Christmas wreath.For more fun holiday craft ideas and activities for kids, see: