This cheery vegetable Santa Salad will brighten up your holiday meal.
Learn how to make this Christmas food craft.
What you'll need:
Large tomato slices
Green olives with pimentos
Raw peas or zucchini
To make a Santa Salad:
- Wash all vegetables.
- With an adult's help, cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices, one for each Santa.
- Slice a few green olives.
- Lay a tomato slice on each plate and add the green olives for Santa's eyes.
- Use a raw pea or slice of zucchini for his nose, and cut a radish half moon for his mouth.
- Carefully spoon cottage cheese on and around the tomato for Santa's hair and beard.
If you'd like, you can broil the tomato slices in a toaster oven before you begin. Hot or cold, these Santas are delicious!
After you have had your salad you can have a cookie for dessert. Learn how to make Snowman Cookies in the next section.