A Snowy Nutty Pie is easy and festive. With the snowy touch of coconut, this pie is perfect Christmas food craft for winter.
What you'll need:
6 tablespoons margarine
8 or 9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
1 1/4 cups maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
To make a Snowy Nutty Pie:
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Have the adult help you melt the margarine in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Sprinkle the pecans on the bottom of the pie shell. Cover the nuts with 1 cup of coconut.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except remaining coconut) together with a spoon or electric mixer, and pour mixture evenly over the coconut and nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue baking for another 25 minutes.
- Let cool, and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top just before serving.
While you're waiting for the pie to cool, make Pasta Snowflakes. They'll shine, but sure won't melt when you decorate with them. We'll show you how to make them in the next section.