Snowman Cookies are the perfect treats for a cold, snowy day. We'll show you how to make this delightful Christmas food craft.
What you'll need:
1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Decorations: candy corn, gumdrops, chocolate chips, licorice, and other assorted small candies
Ask mom or dad for help before you begin.
To make Snowman Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions. Cut dough into 12 equal sections.
- Divide each section into 3 balls: small, medium, and large.
- For each snowman, place the three balls in a row, 1/4-inch apart, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Allow space between each snowman so they have room to spread while baking.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool 4 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove whole snowmen to wire racks; cool completely. |
- Mix powdered sugar and milk in medium bowl until smooth. This mixture is your snow! Brush it onto the cookies.
- Let cookies stand for 20 minutes or until set.
- Using assorted candies, create faces, hats, arms, and anything else you can think of to decorate your snow people.
Makes 12 cookies.
While you are in the kitchen, ask your parents to help you make Dried Fruit Ornaments in the final section.