Message hearts or wrapped chocolates nestled inside a decorative cup make pretty delicious greetings with that little something extra. Mom, you may need to help a little with this. It takes some patience.
To make candy cup holders:
What you'll need:
- an 8-ounce Styrofoam cup
- tissue paper or crepe paper
- 2 lengths of ribbon
- Valentine's themed stickers
- wrapped candy hearts or chocolates
- craft glue
- blunt tipped scissors
- measuring tape
- Decorate a small Styrofoam cup with your child's name, hearts, stickers and glitter.
- Cut a piece of tissue paper 9 inches long and wide enough to go around the cup rim with a 1 to 1-1/2 inch overlap.
- Draw a small bead of glue 1/2-inch from the rim of the cup and affix the paper to it.
- Overlap the edges on the long side of the paper and glue (or tape) them in place.
- Glue decorative ribbon around the cup rim to cover the edge of the paper.
- Let the glue dry thoroughly for a few hours or overnight.
- Fill the cup with candy and tie the paper closed with a length of decorative ribbon.