Kitchen Finishing Tools
In any remodel, finishing is where the real attention to detail (and patience) pays off big -- and even the most detail-oriented DIYer can use a little help in the way of fine tools.
Consider these options when doing your holiday shopping:
- Finish saw (for very fine cuts)
- Air compressor and brad nailer (for trim finishing)
- Tile cutter (for the backsplash)
- Floor or countertop polisher
Ultimately, choosing tools for a DIYer can be a bit like choosing shoes for a fashion lover -- it can be a little scary. If you want a gift that's truly guaranteed to please, you may want to go with a gift certificate to a home store, as your giftee will be making multiple trips there. A kitchen remodel seldom goes exactly as planned.
For more information on kitchen renovation, home design, DIY and related topics, look over the links below.
- Ace Hardware: Plumbing. (Nov. 8, 2010)http://www.acehardware.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2568452
- The Family Handyman: Kitchens. (Nov. 8, 2010)http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Indoor-Projects/Kitchens
- Snyder, Tim. "How to Plumb and Level a Cabinet." This Old House. (Nov. 8, 2010)http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/skill-builder/0,,20220589,00.html
- Ward, Logan. "50 Tools Everyone Should Own (With Tips!)." Popular Mechanics. April 24, 2009. (Nov. 8, 2010)http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/hand-tools/4314786