Women want to look chic, whether they spend their day in an office or driving kids to soccer practice. Finding pieces that are functional but still fashionable is the key to any successful wardrobe. You don't have to break the bank to achieve a continuously stylish look. By staying simple and adding trendier pieces during each new season, you can feel and look good in your clothes, regardless if you're sitting in the carpool line or standing around the water cooler.
Here are some year-round closet essentials:
- basic staples, such as tees, tanks and jeans
- a tailored jacket or two, to dress up shirts and T-shirts
- two or three simple yet classic dresses
- layering pieces, such as gauzy cardigan sweaters
- pants and skirts that fit well and can be dressed up or down
- accessories such as scarves and jewelry to mix and match
The most important tip we can give you is to stay true to yourself. Trends come and go, but as long as you're happy with how you look, you're as fashionable as you'll ever need to be.