A murder mystery party can take place in one large room, throughout an entire house, in a backyard, or in a rented space -- the possibilities are endless. No matter where you host it, the most important thing is to decorate the space to look like the pretend locale of the "murder" -- a casino, Old Hollywood, a cruise ship, etc., etc. Here are some examples of game themes and settings [source: Murder Mystery Party Games]:
- All at Sea -- A cruise ship has set sail on the high seas when its Captain is murdered!
- Casino Fatale -- Rumor has it this casino has ties to a famous underground boss. Who is it?
- Hollywood Lies -- The star of an award-winning movie mysteriously dies right before Oscar night.
- Lei'd to Rest -- A luau goes bad in the paradise of Hawaii.
- Arabian Nights -- A beautiful princess's fiancée dies the night of their engagement.
- The Karma Club -- A rock band is playing at a commune when the lead singer is mysteriously murdered.
You can also find games suited for various holidays, games set in certain time periods, like the roaring '20s or the Victorian Age, and games for women only.
But what if you don't have the room to throw a huge party? No worries. Try a more intimate affair with a murder mystery dinner party!