School is just starting at this little red schoolhouse! Old-fashioned piecing techniques combine with appliqué in the School Days Quilted Wall Hanging Pattern to evoke the days of one-room schoolhouses. A perfect gift for your favorite teacher, the finished piece measures approximately 28 X 261/2 inches. Download a photo and the patterns for the School Days Quilted Wall Hanging in this four-page PDF.
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
The School Days Quilted Wall Hanging hearkens back to
the classic image of the one-room schoolhouse.
- 3/4 yard white-on-white print
- 3/4 yard red print
- 1/8 yard blue print
- 1/8 yard dark green print
- 7/8 yard backing fabric
- 1/2 yard dark blue print
- 30-inch square low-loft batting
- 9mm bell
- 8-inch piece jute
- 1/2 yard fusible webbing
- Transparent monofilament thread
- Black thread
- 1/8 yard brown print for tree
- 1/8 yard tan print for fence
- 1/8 yard dark brown print for door and window frames
- Scraps: green for grass and apple leaves; red, white, and blue for flag; black for flagpole; light brown for flagpole top; gold for leaves; brown for cat; cream for steps; white print for windows; red for apples; white for apple highlights
Learn how to put all of these materials together to make the quilted wall hanging on the next page .
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Looking for a different quilted wall hanging? Choose one from our Quilted Wall Hanging Patterns.
- If this wall hanging is a bit too complicated, check out our Easy Quilt Patterns.
- Flip through our Quilt Patterns to find your next quilting project.
- Learn How to Quilt or brush up on the basics with our refresher course.