Halloween is quickly approaching and with it comes the desire to have fun and add gore to our lives. Fake blood can be made to look very real. Whether you have it staining your costume or dripping from the "wounded" victim, fake blood can be a lot of fun. It's easy to make fake blood with three inexpensive ingredients. So get ready to make fake blood.
- Light corn syrup
- Red food coloring
- Corn starch
Here's what to do.
- Measure out one tablespoon of cornstarch into a measuring cup with a spout.
- Pour one tablespoon of corn syrup on top of the corn starch. Mix together the cornstarch and corn syrup with a fork, until it has a cement-like consistency.
- Add half a cup of corn syrup to the mixture, and stir until the corn starch is well blended with the corn syrup. Mix the corn syrup into the cornstarch in two stages to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add one-quarter cup of cold water and stir well.
- Mix in red food coloring until you get the desired red color. Mix in the food coloring drop by drop.
- Cover the measuring cup and put it in the microwave for two minutes on high, or until it boils.
- Take the measuring cup out of the microwave and stir the mixture once more.
- Let it cool.
- Put the mixture into a squeeze bottle and you'll be ready to squirt your fake blood all over the place.
You may want to try the following, even simpler, recipe.
Mix together one cup of clear corn syrup, one tablespoon of water and two tablespoons of red food coloring.