Confetti poppers are fun to have at any celebration where there are kids or fun-loving adults. The snow-like downfall of confetti is enough to make everyone go a little wild and crazy. You can make some confetti poppers with a few simple supplies. Get everything together and we'll get started.
Here's what you'll need:
- A cardboard toilet paper roll, a balloon and a paper bag
- Fancy paper in different colors and construction paper [source: Ponnay]
- Homemade or store-bought confetti
- Ribbon, yarn, string and red tissue paper
- Markers, paint, crayons or glitter glue
- Scissors, hole puncher, funnel, glue and tape
- Rubber bands
Now it's time to put it all together. You're ready to make paper bag poppers, cardboard roll poppers or balloon poppers.
Cardboard roll poppers
- Wrap the cardboard roll with construction paper, leaving some overlap at each end. Twist the paper at one end.
- Make your own confetti by punching holes in the construction paper. If you're buying confetti you can skip this step.
- Fill the roll with as much confetti as you can -- the more confetti, the more fun.
- Twist the other end of the paper.
- Seal the paper with a piece of tape. Hang ribbons from the ends and decorate the popper.
- Pull on the ends to release the confetti!
- Fill the balloon with confetti, using the funnel.
- Tie the balloon closed and hang a colorful ribbon from it.
- Pop the balloon to release the confetti!
Paper bag popper
- Decorate a paper bag. You can use glitter and paint.
- Fill the bag with confetti.
- Twist the end of the bag.
- Blow air into the bag and tie it shut with a rubber band and ribbon.
- Pop the bag to release the confetti!